Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Inspiration

Where do you get your sewing inspiration?

Honestly, a good lot of the time, I ape mine from people who make girl's clothes. I tell myself that copying them makes my pieces more historically accurate. Pretty good line, right?

I don't know why I go to Old Navy's website a lot, but I do. They don't always offer useful things, but I was there today, and looking down the page made me think I could sew:

  • Pleated tops
  • "2-in-1 Baby Doll Tops" -- the gathered shirts with the fake sleeves. Tres cool!
  • Those "smocked" short sleeve tops. I don't think they're really smocked, just sewn with elastic thread. I'm not sure, but I don't think it's the same thing.

I don't think I'll be trying another gather-top tank this late in August. It'll have to wait until next summer. I'd saw my arm off for a decent heart print or colorful plaid small enough for AG scale!

But, that's a huge amount of inspiration for the week. Last week, I was upset with myself because I could only think of bottoms to make. Now, I just have to hope I remember what all those bottoms were!

No comments:

Post a Comment