Sunday, August 22, 2010

Bad Week

You ever had a day that wasn't your day? I had that WEEK last week.

I have this purple shimmery cloth that I've had for a long time -- no idea what I bought it for, but it's lovely. So, I devised a pattern for a tank in my head, fuddled about, got it cut out, and got to work.

First, I hemmed the wrong end of my cloth. Oops. Then, my thread wouldn't quit breaking. (At this point, I got so mad that I went away to tie yarn onto a wig, but in true form, I started tying the yarn to the inside of the wig instead of the outside.)

So the next day, I went back to my machine, bucked up, rethreaded everything, adjusted X, Y, and Z, only to have the thread break every couple of stitches again. Fie. I stormed off.

It took me a while to convince myself to hop back on the horse, but by God I did. That's what you're supposed to do, right? I limped along in my project, thread breaking every which way, until I got it all sewn up! But, after putting it on Jess, I discovered:

IT WAS TOO SMALL.

I am going to put the pretty purple cloth away, walk off, and on Monday, sew something else all together. The purple cloth, it is cursed.

No comments:

Post a Comment